Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A note from Dr. Nicola Jones, camp doctor

Dr. Nicola Jones..... Thoughts and reflections:
It is hard to put into words what a special place camp is for me. At camp I truly get to see the wonders of what a transplant brings to a child's life outside of my usual hospital setting. It is priceless to see the kids here- all connected by this common bond -laughing, sharing, seizing the day - and every opportunity to catch someone with their elbows on the table.....
It's also very special to see the "camp team" in action- their love of the kids and unwavering efforts to make sure all the kids seize every opportunity to experience and enjoy summer  camp to its fullest is inspirational!


I took this picture outside of the hut by the lake- I think it reflects Transplant camp at Lake Jo- except it's not a chance of awesome - its all day everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment