Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Morning Reflection - Gratitude

My Morning Reflection...... Gratitude



 Camp reminds me of just how much I have to be grateful for.

    
I am grateful for the serene early mornings by the lake that allow me time to reflect. I am grateful for the squealing laughter of children chasing each other through the main field at camp and splashing in the cool lake on a scorching hot day. I am thankful for the astounding wonderful moments when a normally quiet and shy camper stands on their chair in the mess hall and sings a song out loud and all the others cheer for them.

Our days at camp are full of action and activities, but we also provide time for rest, solitude and simply hanging out. In these moments I am grateful for the unexpected heart to heart conversation with a new camper. I am grateful when I hear a child tell me of their sense of accomplishment that they tried a new activity like sailing or tubing for the very first time or passed their deep end test and what it means to them. I am so thankful for the chance to share these experiences with our campers.


At camp it is hard not to feel touched by gratitude. I am deeply grateful for the volunteer team of committed, passionate and fun nurses, volunteers, and camp doctors who come back to our  camp year after year and tirelessly work to ensure the campers have the best possible week. I am so grateful to our friends who support us throughout the year in helping make our dream of camp a reality. I am grateful for our financial donors who allow us to run camp and provide this magical experience free of charge to our kids. I am grateful to those   that share our vision of camp as a way to enhance quality of life.

I am deeply grateful to the parents who believe in their children’s fortitude and resilience and send them off to our camp for the first time, and then again each summer. I am so grateful to all the organ donors who have given our kids a second chance at life. And of course, I am thankful to our most extraordinary campers for the outrageous laughter, the lessons you have all taught me over the years at camp, and for the life-long memories we have made together.

Wishing you a wonderful day.

Yours in Camping,
Stacey





No comments:

Post a Comment